Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day! Let's Have Some Nail Art!

I have to laugh... I was talking twitter last night (I know, I said that already, but I've been up all night. Give me a break!) and someone asked me how long I've been blogging. I went to check my history, thinking my one year blogaversary was coming up this month. Instead, I had a surprise...

My one year blogaversary was actually on June 23! I've been blogging over a year, and didn't even know it! So, let me just say from the bottom of my heart, thank you for being here! There's no way I'd have managed to keep this going without all of you reading and commenting. You make it worthwhile, and that's why you're getting two bits of bloggy goodness today!

So, let's look at some fourth of July nail art, shall we? I didn't do anything overly spectacular, but I did do designs I'd be happy to wear. I started out with something fun, something glittery...

Glitter Glory is a simple design using only three polishes. I chose a white base so that my colors would pop, and I wouldn't have to worry about painting a stripe later. Once my base color was dry, I put in diagonal sections of red glitter and blue glitter. A top coat of Seche Vite and we were done!

 Spangles and Stripes is a simple, almost nautical theme. Again, I started with a white base. This time, I painted a thick red horizontal stripe at the top of the nail and a thick blue stripe toward the base of the nail. In between I added a stripe of silver glitter, just because I really love glitter. Add top coat and it's done! This could be cute alternating the top color, as well!


Finally, I did a design inspired by all the fireworks that will be seen tonight. Normally I would have used a black base for this, but instead I chose to use a very deep blue shimmer polish for the background. It still feels like night without being utterly black. I then chose a central point on the nail and began pulling thin stripes of polish out in a star pattern. I alternated blue, reg, and silver glitter for this, hoping to mimic fireworks. I think I overworked it a bit too much, though. Ah well, they can't all be winners, right? 

To re-find my center point, I added a single white rhinestone in the center of the burst to signify the explosion at the center of a firework. It's not what I was hoping for, but it's still wearable, I think. What do you think?

And now that I've posted both my crackle experiences and my July 4th manicures, I think I'm going to curl up in my bed, try to get some sleep, and hope I can avoid the hottest part of the day. Currently it's 11:50am with a temperature of 90 and a heat index of 111. NO BUENO, people!!! NO BUENO!

Til next time, my lovelies!



Some polishes may have been provided by the manufacturer for consideration.
See my disclosure statement for more information.

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I may not reply due to time constraints, but I read every comment and I appreciate them all!

Please don't leave links in my comments unless they directly apply to a conversation. If you want a link exchange, feel free to email me. Spam links will be deleted.