Monday, November 7, 2011

Video editing when you're a moron.

Handwritten on the nearest thing within reach- a priority mail box.
You know, I'm a pretty tech-savvy person. I've been able to learn new technology, I've built my own computer years ago before I used laptops. I worked as a radio DJ and actually spliced tape to create perfectly-timed clips. I've made Flash video and motion graphics.

So why the [expletive deleted] is video editing so hard for my brain to grasp? Seriously, this ish is melting my brain and it's making me irate. I don't know why I'm so stubborn but I definitely am. When there's something I want to do but I can't?

Well... it's not pretty. So here I am with several videos worth of material filmed and me getting more and more angry, wanting to just move forward and get it stuck into my brain. But it's not like something you can read a quick tutorial on and understand.

No, the only way (at least for me) to get it is to DO it. This started out with me opening After Effects and getting confused, then closing it. My husband tried to work with me, since he's pretty good with After Effects, but that just resulted in screaming and tears. Then I spent several times opening After Effects, screaming at it and crying because I felt so stupid, and then closing it again.

Are you seeing a pattern here? Because I was, for sure. There were entirely too many tears involved for something as stupid as video editing. And we're talking months of this.

I'm past the tears, and I've got a video almost ready to go, except that I'm determined to put a voiceover on it, because it's boring as hell without it. That's right, I'm a masochist, but I AM LEARNING THIS.

Video to come. Eventually. Maybe, if I don't choke someone first.

My sanity was not provided by any manufacturer for consideration.
I would love to review some, if anyone has any to spare.
See my disclosure statement for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I may not reply due to time constraints, but I read every comment and I appreciate them all!

Please don't leave links in my comments unless they directly apply to a conversation. If you want a link exchange, feel free to email me. Spam links will be deleted.