As a result, the fun nail designs I've been working on are stuck in a holding pattern while I get over this ick. Good thing I've got some stuff in the archives I hadn't posted yet! Today I'm showing a look I did with black, white, and silver holographic glitter. I mean hey, glitter is good for everything, right?
Don't answer that... :D
This is a super-easy design and you don't need that much to do it with! I used my Wet n Wild white polish, a silver from a Sally Hansen gift set I grabbed a couple of years ago on sale, a black striping polish, silver holographic rhombus glitter from Born Pretty, and a black stone from Viva la Nails.
It's super simple to do, too. I'll list the steps in order...
- Base coat. Always always always use a base coat to protect your nails and make your manicure last longer!
- Paint entire nail white. Use 2-3 coats to ensure opaque coverage.
- Paint one side of nail silver. I painted around 1/3 of the nail silver.
- Paint black stripe dividing white and silver. This can be as wide or as narrow as you want.
- Add white dots down the black stripe. I used a dotting tool, but you can use a bobby pin, a toothpick, a ball point pen... use what you've got!
- Add silver glitter pieces in the shape of a flower. If you don't have the glitter, you can paint flower petals on.
- Place a black stone in the center of the flower shape. Again, if you don't have the stone, you can paint a dot, or use a drop of glitter polish, or a piece of glitter from a glitter polish. Do what you like, make it your own!
Til next time!
The glitter and stone were provided by the shops listed in exchange for an honest review.
See my disclosure statement for more information.