Monday, January 24, 2011

Pain Management Using Art

I'm sorry, guys. I know I haven't been updating much lately, and when I do, my posts have been a bit lackluster. I'm in the middle of one heck of a fibro flare, so doing much of anything is rough.

But I learned something a few days ago that has helped me immensely, so I want to pass it on to all of you. I've recently stumbled across an interesting drawing program called Zentangles, and they've done absolute wonders for my pain!

They're well-named. There's something zen-like in the repetition of the strokes, in adding color and shading and texture to make these drawings come to life. Unfortunately, while my pain recedes while I'm drawing, it tends to rush back as soon as I stop, so I've been drawing quite a bit over the last few days. I've pulled some of my better pieces to share with you all. Keep in mind how much time it takes to create these, and you get an idea of what my time has been like lately!

Also, I'm putting the majority of the pictures under a jump so I don't spam your feeds. Never say I don't love ya! Here's a taste of what you'll find under the jumplll
So, wanna see more? Come on in!
Here they are...a sampling of some of the drawing I've done in the last week. Yes, I said week, and it's actually more like 4 days.




























I don't want to be a chicken, I don't want to be a chicken.
I'd rather be a duck.
See my disclosure statement for more information.

8 comments:

  1. These are so fun. I wish I was good at doodling and drawing. Hope your flare up starts calming down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been really busy! I used to draw a lot in high school, taking lots of art classes etc. I've never really pinpointed why I stopped. Anyway, thanks for sharing, these are great! I hope you're feeling better soon.
    -UneLuneBleue

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are awesome!
    see you in bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison- Thank you! You should check out the zentangles link... they break things down so well that even lots of people who swear they have no artistic ability at all have taken to it and gotten a lot of satisfaction out of it! It's fun, addictive even!

    With luck, this flare will ease soon and I can get back into swatching and art. I have some seriously cool stuff to review coming up, and so many ideas!!

    UneLuneBleue- Yea, it's funny... drawing is almost like a painkiller. As long as I'm drawing, the pain recedes. As soon as I put the pen down, it creeps back up, til by the time I get myself snuggled down in bed I'm back to wide awake because of the fibro pain. I'm just thankful for the relief while I'm drawing!

    Anonymous- silly husband, there are easier ways to identify yourself! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so great! I soooo wish I could draw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, sorry to hear it flared up again. :(

    Nice drawings though. You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you found a way to mediate your discomforts through Zentangle.

    Don't forget to let your friends know about http://tanglepatterns.com where they can learn to draw all these great patterns and more!
    Cheers, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow these are amazing. glad that they help a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I may not reply due to time constraints, but I read every comment and I appreciate them all!

Please don't leave links in my comments unless they directly apply to a conversation. If you want a link exchange, feel free to email me. Spam links will be deleted.