Friday, September 17, 2010

With Monsters On Her Fingers, Why Should She Be Afraid?

I have just finished the silliest set of nail tips that I think have ever existed. Rhinestones? Heck no, that's too elegant! Roses? BORING. (Not really, but go with me on this!) I wanted something different, something that really expressed my inner self. I wanted monsters! But not just any monsters. No... I wanted monsters with WIGGLY EYES!

That's right. These nail tips have monsters on them, and those monsters have 3D wiggly eyes that actually move! Some of them look excited, some of them look menacing, but most of them look kind of confused, and I really like that! They're silly, and they're weird, and they're in halloween colors to boot! Purple, green, and orange combine on a stark black background to make these monsters really pop.


Now, I started these ages ago. I got the test one finished way back on August 6, believe it or not! They clearly didn't take that much time to complete. But I got the bases painted and then had a huge moment of fear: could I finish them? Could I make them as cute as I hoped they would be? And those nails sat, and waited, taunting me simply by being unfinished. It was almost depressing!

Then one night I realized that hey, it doesn't matter if they're perfect. They don't have to be perfect because they're monsters! That moment freed me from the fear I was fighting with, and I was able to dive in and get back to work on them. The more I worked, the happier I got, until finally I was giggling as I painted on the goofy details, the pink hair bow, or the goofy teeth on the orange guy with eye stalks. They're not perfect, but they're cute, and that's enough for me. Anyone who wants perfect monsters can paint their own!

By the way, I think you should enlarge the image above, even if you don't click any other images on this blog. It's silly, and you can see all the little guys in their full glory. They're pretty nutty, really, and I love them all! I may have to make my own set of these, especially if someone buys them.

Wait, buy them? That's right, this set of nails is also up on Etsy for $24.95. They'll come nicely and safely packaged so that you don't have to worry about them being squished by the post office, and then you'll get to love the little guys while I miss them.

It's ok. I can make more. Already, my mind is filled with googly-eyed critters, and I'm wondering what to make next...

So, what do you think? Any other critters you'd like to see?

14 comments:

  1. Haha. Those are awesome. They gave me a good laugh. Great for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Such a great idea to use wiggly eyes!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome! I may have to create my own version for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so adorable! You are simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, everyone! I feel like there's too much to reply to individually, so everyone who's commented- thank you! I had so much fun making these, and I'm so happy to see everyone likes them as much as I do! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them! Think of the looks people would do seeing them....lol!!!! Would be super cute for an elementary or pre-school teacher. That is if they are allowed to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo cute! I love them to pieces! I never would've thunk to use these googly eyes for nail art purposes. The monsters remind me of the Monster Inc. movie. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are seriously AMAZING!! i of course would love to have monsters on my nails :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I may not reply due to time constraints, but I read every comment and I appreciate them all!

Please don't leave links in my comments unless they directly apply to a conversation. If you want a link exchange, feel free to email me. Spam links will be deleted.