Thursday, December 9, 2010

Happy Holidaze the seventh- Sweet nothings!

Ahhh, the holiday season, when people hang all sorts of candies from a tree, so that you can casually nab a snack as you wander by! Oddly enough, I've never been a fan of mint but I think the patterns on mint candies can be adorable. Candy canes, starlight mints... the crisp white really sets off the red & green stripes. That's the inspiration behind today's nail art.

I just want to lick these!!
This is the simplest nail art ever. Two coats of white polish, then use a striping polish in red and/or green. I used the lush red glitter striper from Kiss's limited edition holiday set, along with a green Art Deco striper from the Dollar Tree. While a deeper green would seem more Christmassy, I think the lighter green really does give this a candy feel.

As always, a coat of Seche Vite tops everything off to make this smooth and glossy. Other top coats aren't bad, really, but Seche Vite is thick, dries exceptionally quickly, and self-levels so that any lumps and bumps get covered up. It's SWEET!

Kiss Nail Art Nail Paint was provided by the manufacturer for consideration.
See my disclosure statement for more information.

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I may not reply due to time constraints, but I read every comment and I appreciate them all!

Please don't leave links in my comments unless they directly apply to a conversation. If you want a link exchange, feel free to email me. Spam links will be deleted.