Take today's nail art. I've been interested in experimenting with striping tape for quite some time now, but I'm too frugal to invest in any. Imagine my surprise when I was wandering through my local Dollar Tree and I happened to look over at their Christmas decorations and see the packet of silver holographic tinsel! Gee, self, I thought to myself, that looks surprisingly like striping tape!
|Remember, you can click this picture for a larger version!|
EDIT: I made an animated gif to show the process of making this nail, and will describe it step by step as I have for other looks. Remember, all you have to do is ask if I haven't made one!
To create this look:
- Use a good base coat. That's always step 1!
- Use two coats of your background color. I used Sally Hansen Ultra HD Laser. Let those dry.
- Brush on a thin layer of clear polish or topcoat, then add the strips of tinsel as shown in the gif.
- Add the rhinestones. Add more clear polish if it dries out too quickly.
- Top with a coat of Seche Vite or the topcoat of your choice.
Overall, this was fairly quick and easy, and yet has a fun elegance to it. This is lots of fun for a holiday party, and it would be fun in any color combination! I think this could be especially nice with a deep black or violet. What do you think of this... do you think you'll try some tinsel as striping tape?
Kiss rhinestone pack was provided by the manufacturer for consideration.
See my disclosure statement for more information.